It's essential for organizations to routinely conduct an audit of their planned giving program. This review requires an unbiased professional with significant planned giving experience.
One of our professionals will spend time in your office meeting with the designated planned giving person, the individual responsible for the fund raising effort, and other administrative staff, and if appropriate board members or key volunteers.
Ford Thompson will conducting a thorough audit of the planned giving procedure and provide a report evaluating the program components listed below, including a series of recommendations for improvement:
- Review relevant records including prospect identification and segmentation, prospect tracking, gift recording and the donor recognition procedures.
- Examine selected documents of your fund-raising program including a review of your current gift acceptance policies and procedures.
- Evaluate the marketing efforts of your organization including publications, printed materials, and direct mail.
- Determine the organization’s compliance with State and Federal policies and regulations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and the understanding of Planned Giving Committee/Council as well as professional advisors that provide support for your program.
- Consider other issues that develop during the audit.
- Suggested revisions to marketing plans or administrative procedures.
We would welcome the opportunity to conduct an audit of your planned giving program. Please call us at 812-635-0311
to discuss your specific requirements and how Ford Thompson can help your organization. Prefer to communicate by e-mail? Please click here