Is your nonprofit considering a capital campaign in the next two to three years? That is, will you be building a new facility, renovating a building, acquiring land, purchasing large pieces of equipment or embarking on an endowment campaign? If so, you must do a feasibility study before you decide to launch the campaign.
Why do a planning study?
A campaign feasibility study is a tool to determine whether your organization should go ahead with a capital or endowment fund-raising campaign. It is essential for an organization to assess the likelihood of success for a campaign before entering into it. A non-profit that does not do so puts the campaign, the project for which the money is to be raised, and even the organization itself at risk.
Why use a consultant to do your planning study?
- Your case for support will be developed and tested.
- A recommended campaign plan will be developed.
- A planning study helps you "take the pulse" of your community.
- It tells you whether your goal is likely to be attained.
- Potential major donors to your campaign are identified.
- Possible campaign leaders and volunteers are identified.
- Community attitudes and awareness of your organization are revealed.
- Your internal readiness to conduct a campaign will be evaluated.
How long will it take to complete your planning study?
- Community leaders will speak freely to an "outside" party.
- A consultant will provide an objective view of your organization and your plans. The consultant will draw on their experiences to evaluate your chances for a successful campaign.
- The internal assessment can be done by an objective and experienced "outsider."
- Generally, it will take several weeks to develop or refine your preliminary case for support and perform an internal assessment of your campaign readiness.
- Depending on the number and location of interviewees, the interview process will take from four to eight weeks.
- Preparation of the final report can usually be completed within two weeks.
Please call us at 812-635-0311
to discuss your specific requirements and how Ford Thompson can help your organization. Prefer to communicate by e-mail? Please click here